Sunday, March 7, 2010

We Sold my car


On Saturday we said good bye forever to my first car and reminisced in all the old memories we had when we were first dating (I had the nice car when we dating, so I drove most of the time). Well to back up a little bit, Nick and I had made this decision a while ago that after I quit my job and don't need my car for every day to day that we it would be a good idea to sell it. Well, I had my last day of work on March 4th and on March 6th we went down to Carmax and waited for an appraisal on the car, then took the offer. It was a good thing, we will save a lot in insurance and gas with just the one car, besides Nick's car is MUCH more safe and reliable than the Kia. As we were driving away and through the rest of the day we couldn't help but think of all the funny times we had in that car. For instance, I drove that car down to Zions with Nick with our singles ward and that's were we hit it off. Or how I meant to drive us to the great Salt Lake, but we ended up at the Bountiful Temple. And how could we forget the regular Jamba Juice runs after work and school. One of my favorites was before we were actually "officially" dating wee drove up to Logan and talked and talked and then on the way home Nick reached and held my hand for the first time and pulled away because I was driving and it happened so unexpected. (poor Nick) But of course I reached right back and we held hands the rest of the way down to Salt Lake. Last but certainly not least, Nick and I drove up to Washington right a little after we announced our engagement. We were on our way to see his dad and my brother. On the way home my engine exploded in Montana- the smallest little town to the side of the freeway of course. We still laugh about the experience we had trying to get home and the car back to a working state.
Well my 2002 Kia rio is gone and we are down to Nicks car. We are excited for this new chapter in liefs to begin and are willing to make sacrifices to make it work.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

It sounds like you and Nick had a lot of fun memories in your car ~ all except for the engine exploding that is... :)

*Katie* said...

AWww memory lane ;) You're almost a mama!!