Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Nick had a Birthday, Shout Horray!


Nick Playing Video games on the pillow chair I made him and viewing his new 52 in flat screen TV! lol!

Having Slurpee's at the park

Showing off his wonderful new gifts from my parents

Nick holding up the pillow chair as we stand in front of his TV

His cake (I forgot to buy candles)









Showing off his gifts from his Mom and brother
On Saturday March 20 Nick turned 26! I was so excited for his birthday because I had been working so hard to really surprise him with unique gifts this year. Nick can be hard to shop for, and he also kept telling me how he really just wanted to stay home and not have anything planned, just have a nice relaxing day. So to stay true to his wishes I gave him a "movie and video game day". For His big present from me I wanted it to be really special since this will be his last birthday with out kids I wanted him to feel completely spoiled and all attention on him. I made him a Pillow chair to sit in so he could play his video games for hours and not sit on the floor.
That chair ended up being a real hassle! I was determined he would get a gaming chair from me because I knew if it was from me he would know what a sacrifice it was and it would mean more to him if I gave it. Well I had several ideas how this would go about with which they quickly diminished. I had planned on buying one, then wanted to make a bean bag chair ( I read a web site that it you go to your local post office they will give crushed Styrofoam to put in your chair for free.). I made a LARGE bag that could easily fit both of us and still have more room, but then I called in complete confidence that the post office that would fill my bag when, in fact they had no idea what I was talking about. Then I wanted to just buy bean bag filler, turns out it cost just as much to fill the stupid bag as it is to just buy one at love sac (discovered this after 6-8 trips to different stores across the valley). Then finally came up with a giant pillow idea that will have to do. I went to where else but the all time wonderful and right behind my house Wal-Mart to buy 10 lbs of stuffing. Came home to stuff my enormous bag, (had to alter it to only 1 person size) and was laughing hysterically to realize my "pillow chair" was starting to look like an overstuffed dog pillow. I also was to cheap and worn out being 8 months pregnant not wanting to go to the store again sewed the chair up in brown, red and white thread when the chair is a dark navy blue. Oh well, I knew he would love it any way.
Next was his TV. Nick has been complaining for the past year how he wants a '52 inch TV ever so badly. So having the little funds we do (having a baby girl will do that to you) I saved some cardboard for the box of the crib, painted it black, cut a square in bottom middle and wrote "SAMSUNG" on with buttons and speaks to side. After he went to bed on Friday night I lined up this ultra amazing flat screen (flat cardboard) TV over our current '32 inch TV.
When He woke up on Saturday morning with streamers and balloons every where we both had a loud a fun laugh over our new flat screen TV. (I even put a red curly bow on it) He LOVES his new chair. He sat in it it the whole day and now any time he can. Nicks birthday was so fun! We went out to lunch to this Chinese buffet and drove around the valley, looked at houses, got Slurpee's,had brown sugar salmon for dinner, and camped out in the living room with candy on the air mattress to watch a movie! I love you Nick, thanks for always being so fun!

1 comment:

Jill and Chris said...

You are so funny and creative. Good Job. Chris keeps asking me for a big TV too. Maybe I should save up our cardboard. :)