Saturday, August 6, 2011

Extreme Couponing

My Coupon Book
Organized in sections like the isles on the store
Zoey loves to help with the coupons and deal hunting
I left the table for just a moment, when I came back this is what I saw. She climbed up and started looking at deals and playing with coupons, just like mommy!
This is one week of grocery shopping deals with coupons
I spent 70.00 and got:
4 gallons of milk
2 pounds bananas
6 1bs of pork ribs
2 pks of yoplait smoothies blends
2 6pks of danimals drinks
3 lbs plums
1 pk of top ramen
1 hillshire farms polish sausage
1 miracle whip
1 large bag of cereal
1 bottle of Kraft BBQ sauce
4 loaves of Grandma Sycamores bread
1 pk Oscar Mayer turkey deli meat
2 tubes colgate toothpaste
2 bottles of multi surface Windex
2 bottles of active scrub Scrubbing Bubbles
2 lbs of Roma tomatoes
1 pk of 30 eggs
1 pk of Hamburger Helper
2 pks of UP2U gum
1 pk Carefree panty liners
1 pk of butter
2 lbs of Grapes
1 Romaine lettuce
2 96 oz bottles of Juice
In this Particular Week with Coupons and watching deals I saved 16.59!
I go to Wal-mart with my deals from other stores and price match. I only use coupons when something is on sale and get the item for 30-60% off! In the month of July I saved $57.00
In the first week of August I have already Saved $23.00.
Nick and I used to laugh at this method because we knew how cheap Costco can be, but we found some tips and now we are sold. I love to see how much money I can save each week.
Each week varies from week to week. The worst savings I have had in one week was 6.95 and the most I have saved in one week is 23.00. Like most Families we are on a tight budget with trying to stay completely out of debt and also pay bills while raising a family. Because of that we only give ourselves 70.00 a week for food or cleaning supplies. That may seem like a lot, but after you get a few items there isn't a lot left over for toiletries or unexpected week to week items.
I can buy 7 nights worth of diners, plus all of my cleaning supplies, lunch food, snacks when we got out on weekends and still have extra to buy Popsicles for a hot day. I was NEVER able to buy as much as I can now, in fact I even get a few items for free!
There are a few people I have talked who also agree in price matching but don't care as much for the coupons, that they are not things they would but often for there family. That's what I said only because I thought even with a small deal I couldn't afford it. I am sorry to say but that is not true. I have seen coupons for everything from condoms/KY jelly to potato chips and pens. This week I got 4 10 pks of BIC pens for Free with a deal and coupons. Everyone uses pens. Or if you are still not convinced, I get two papers so I had two coupons for a $1 off tide, the first week of August the 2x 50 oz tide was on sale for 4.99 (reg. 7.57) I used my dollar off coupons and of each tide for 3.99! That is a great deal!
Every one has there own way of cutting back and trying to save money for their family. Along with a few others tips this is one I have found to help us on a very large scale.

1 comment:

*Katie* said...

Jacey, you're doing AWESOME! I wish I had the patience for that, you ... and those cloth diapers! I've never seen such a darling little baby bum :)