Friday, August 5, 2011

Cloth Diapers and Cloth Wipes



She does great in the cloth diapers!

Over a month ago I decided we needed to switch to cloth diapers.
I initially wanted to make the switch because we only spend 70.00 each week at the grocery store, and when you buy diapers you take a HUGE cut over other items.
I spend 84.00 to get my supplies and started, and all of the supplies will last from 8-36 with all of our kids! I did the math and in the one year bought diapers for Zoey we spent over $420.00 on diapers and wipes. $84 vs $420 seems like a no brainer to me to switch, but I understand when others say they can't wash all of those messy diapers. Yes, it can be hard if you do it the cheapest way like I do (soak, soak, and more soaking followed by minor scrubbing) but I have to admit now that we are fully switched I don't care how bad her diaper is I know I am saving Hundreds by just washing it my self. I figure Zoey has spit up, thrown up, pooped, peed on me so many times I might as well clean all of it up and save my family tons of money.
I am not trying to suede any one to cloth diapers but tell that they are not as bad as they were once (cloth diapers have changed and come along way since your mom used them).
I took the prices down at Costco (typically the cheapest for quality in bulk) and this the tally..
Huggies Kirkland
Size Quantity Price Quantity Price
1 -- -- 216 29.99
2 258 39.59 216 29.99
3 228 39.59 212 37.99
4 200 39.59 186 37.99
5 176 39.99 108 37.99
6 144 39.99 135 37.99
I hope this information was of value to you. This switch to cloth diapers and wipes has been a very real benefit to us, and Zoey does so great with cloth diapers. I can see more advantages that just cost such as children tend to potty train earlier and on their own!!!

1 comment:

Summer said...

Hi Jacey I randomly clicked over to your blog from the Claytons and I cloth diaper. I think it is wonderful and cheap. I didn't do it with my son, but I do with my daughter. I haven't done wipes yet, but I am thinking about making that switch as well. Also good job with your couponing! I am thinking of starting to do that as well! Zoe is a beauty by the way..