Monday, September 12, 2011

Sand Box

Cupcakes from Grandma! Notice the green sand on her hands with frosting
I know I am way to big, but for a while Zoey didn't want to go by her self

Last month my family was over and I was so excited to see my siblings and all of my nieces and nephew and that they could play with Zoey. Well it was so hot, it didn't even occur to me that the kids would even want to go outside since we have no shade in our yard. Though they all some how ended up either on the slide or playing in the lovely green sand my parents got Zoey. I was so surprised. I am not sure why, kids love sand, dirt, mud; parents don't. Zoey wanted so badly to go out with the big girls and play with them. They were awesome with her too. The girls were building all sorts of things, when Zoey would come and knock it down, dump it out or step on it. They just kept building and let her play to. (What great Cousins!) Since that day with all the cousins Zoey loves her green sand. We have caught it a couple times around her mouth (yikes) she has so much fun with and (most of the time) enjoys playing with her sand more than the garden dirt. The best is when we come in before nap time wash our hands and a snack and go down, when I come back by the door I see little patches of green sand every where. At least it is easy to spot and that makes it easy to clean.

No comments: