Saturday, July 9, 2011

Play-dough





Our beautiful play-dough before it got played with and mixed ( that's what it is there for)
I was trying to show her how to poke it and play with it, she thought it was weird then food. After she tasted our home made non-toxic play dough she didn't want to play with any more

This picture blurred, but you tell she is having a blast
THE STOVE WAS NOT ON DURING THIS PORTION OF THE BAKING- It was just easier to have her next to the flour and spices while I added everything

Zoey and I made home made play-dough.
I have been wanting to do this for a while but just put it off until I came across an awesome recipe. Super easy and most of the ingredients were already in my pantry.
Since Zoey LOVES to help me cook and be with me in the kitchen I thought "why not", we will get very messy and have a great time. Still I have to plan a little for my sanity.
We started in the morning before nap time so I would have plenty of time to clean up the mess before the rest of the day got started. Also I knew Zoey enjoyed helping but I also wasn't sure how much she could o. But I have just head this fantastic story about how you should always make time to let kids help in the kitchen and let them get messy (hence the Why not thought) and how important it is to start very early. So with that in mind I gave her a spoon and went from there. She helped stir...it was messy (so very messy) but Zoey had a blast, flour was every where! I had to even had extra flour because she had stirred so much out of the bowl. Eventually I gave her a small plastic mixing bowl with flour and a spoon and let her have at it! As you can see in the pictures it was a huge success, we will be making play-dough again soon I am sure.

1 comment:

*Katie* said...

Love the updates! You're a darling mom -- and those daddy daughter pics are so very sweet :) I have a recipe for glow-in-the-dark slime, if you want it! It's fun, too (and not as messy as it sounds!)