Monday, July 20, 2009

Camping over the 4th of July



On the actual 4th Nick and I went on a small trail hike in the canyon where we encountered a large moose. I didn't even see it at first till it's huge furry self stopped on the trail about 15-20 feet in front of us and just starred at Nick. (Nick was trying to get a picture during all of this) The moose just stood there for a good 20 sec. That is a pretty long time when there is a moose in front of you! Later we went and saw Transformers and saw the fireworks at south town. What a nice holiday.






It's been a while since I last posted, but to catch up this is one of our latest activities. We went camping right before the 4th with my parents to Antelope Island. Nick and I love the Great Salt Lake, (for other reasons than the smell) but never thought it would be enjoyable to stay over night. But everyone ended up having a good time and really enjoyed the scenery. It was a bit of a bummer, when we went they said "NO FIRES" so luckily I have I wonderful mom who thought to bring her stove so we could cook dinner.


2 comments:

*Katie* said...

I heard you had such a great time!! I'm glad you updated -- I've heard how busy you've been with all your school work! I've missed talking to you lately ;) Hope everything goes good with the end of the semester! Love you!

Shannon said...

First off, I love moose (or meese, whatever) but having one that close to me would have scared me to death! Also, I had no idea you could camp on Antelope Island. I love The Great Salt Lake too, I just might have to run that idea by Tyler!